ALTernate Mindset: Nothing, Nowhere. Talks Creating, Meditating, and “Happiness”
Amy sits down with Joe Mulherin of Nothing,Nowhere. to talk about the spirit of alternative music, creating as a form of therapy, and why meditation has been a valuable tool for him. Plus he gives us an acoustic performance of his latest single “Fake Friend.”
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. As someone who’s been in and out of therapy for most of my life and has gone consistently for the last four years, it’s a topic I’m extremely passionate about. The cool thing is that this conversation is becoming less taboo. But when I didn’t know how to talk about things, music has always been something that I depended on to help me “get through.” I’m thankful to the artists involved for sharing their stories and for offering different tools.
One of my hopes is that you will see that it’s okay, you’re not alone, and there is an alternative. You’ll find some valuable resources below. Thank you for watching!
- Suicide Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 or visit (https://www.crisistextline.
- Find A Therapist: PsychologyToday.com
- NAMI (https://www.nami.org/Home)
- Available Apps: Calm, My Life, Headspace
- Alcoholics Anonymous & Narcotics Anonymous have programs to support both the individual and their family.